Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Strawberry Salad

Don't worry! I haven't forgotten about my quest to cook new meals!! :) Thanksgiving kept us busy, but we're back to Abilene this week and that means back to cooking. Last night I didn't have much time (or energy) so I threw together a quick salad. It looked something like this:





I have to admit I definitely improvised on this one, but the result came out good! I used a pre-made Baby Romaine salad mix from Dole and added in some fresh strawberries and mandarin oranges. I topped the salad with some honey roasted sliced almonds and used a classic balsamic vinaigrette dressing from Kraft. This was easy and also healthy (I think we'll be eating a few more salads in the coming weeks to combat all the holiday eating!).


I'm off to the grocery store right now... I have some fun new recipes to try this week!

No comments: